SALES & MARKETING
VP, Commercial Development
Dave Kolasinski has over thirty years of diversified health industry experience focusing on life sciences, diagnostics, devices and therapeutics. During his career he has worked for companies that cover the process map from basic research and development through commercialization of a new technology or device. He has a proven track record of achieving results in progressively responsible assignments with Baxter Labs, Abbott Labs, Boehringer Mannheim (Roche), Alere (Inverness Medical Innovations), Inproteo (Eli Lilly) and Plastimed S.A. Dave has proven leadership skills at the general management level directing the activities of Sales, Marketing, Education, Finance, Production, Technical Support and Product Development. He has lead successful lobbying campaigns at the federal level and led coding and reimbursement campaigns through the AMA and CMS for new devices.
Among his accomplishments are:
- Director for the 21st Century biotechnology senate bill (514) for the State of Indiana Bioscience Economic Development. The bill was successfully past and funded for $25 million. During this assignment he also worked with BIO on the national level to raise the awareness of the importance of diagnostic testing in reducing health care cost.
- Group Marketing Manager for Abbott Diagnostics for the commercialization of the first HIV test.
- At Boehringer Mannheim (Roche) was the Director of Sales when the first biosensor diabetes monitoring system; the Accuchek TMAdvantage was launched.
- Director of Sales for the first formal point of care business unit at Boehringer Mannheim. During that time point of care devices like Troponin T and the Coaguchek TM meter were launched.
- Vice President of the Life Sciences Division at Amersham (GE) when the first pre-cast gels for blotting where commercialized. This allowed researchers the opportunity to save time and more accurately identify DNA, RNA and protein structure for new diagnostic and pharmaceutical products.
- President of the US subsidiary at Plastimed, SA when the new telescoping protected catheter technology was launched, to physicians which could more accurately identify ventilator-associated pneumonia in the ICU.
- Joined the start-up Matritech as Vice President of Commercial Development for the new cancer biomarkers nuclear matrix proteins. They where successfully developed and the first bladder cancer test NMP22 was launched. Matritech was then sold to Inverness Medical (Alere) where he was appointed the Vice President of the Urology Oncology business unit.
He has also been on the boards, such as HIDA (Health Industry distributors association), IMDA (Indiana medical device association) and the DxMa (Diagnostic marketing association).
As the VP of Commercial Development at Goodmark Medical, Dave possesses the skills, knowledge and attributes to understand the rapidly changing health care delivery system. He is very astute at understanding how new technology can be successful within the system.
Chief Marketing Officer
David Phillips was Vice President of Marketing for Alere, Inc. formerly Inverness Medical Innovations (IMI) which acquired HemoSense, Inc. in 2007 where Mr. Phillips was VP, Marketing. HemoSense was a manufacturer and marketer of coagulation instrumentation for use by healthcare professionals and home testers to manage the blood thinning drug warfarin or Coumadin. He joined HemoSense in 2004 and during his tenure there, he directed the design, development and implementation of numerous marketing programs which drove market share growth to 30% by 2008 and generated revenue growth from $800K in FY 2003 to >$35MM prior to the IMI acquisition.
Before joining HemoSense, he was Director of Marketing for Abbott Point of Care, i-STAT Division. i-STAT is recognized as the global market leader in POC blood gases and electrolytes.
Prior to this, he was Director of Marketing in the Point of Care business unit for Roche Diagnostics, formerly Boehringer Mannheim Corporation. While at Roche he was responsible for the launch of the CoaguChek for PST, patient self-testing, in the US and achieved the market leadership position with >80% share.
Mr. Phillips entered the in-vitro diagnostics market as a Coulter Electronics sales representative and subsequently held various positions at Curtin Matheson Scientific, now Fisher Scientific, as Sales Manager, Marketing Manager and Inventory Manager overseeing >$600MM in MRO purchases.
Over the last decade, his articles on point-of-care testing have appeared in such publications as Clinica Chimica Acta, Archives Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry, and Clinical Chemistry News. Most recently a book chapter on “Unit Use Quality Control” published in Point of Care Testing, Second Edition by the AACC Press.
Additional industry activities include:
- Served as Chairman of the Quality Management for Unit-use Testing Subcommittee at Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI).
- Member of the CLSI Point-of-Care Testing Subcommittee and an Advisor to the CLSI Area Committee on POC.
- Formerly served as the AdvaMed Industry Liaison to the College of American Pathologists (CAP) POCT and Practice Enhancement Subcommittees.
As the Chief Marketing Officer for Goodmark Medical, David is invaluable in his market positioning and broad clinical and technical experience in the medical device markets. His keen judgment and extensive relationships in the industry ensure an opportunity for Goodmark to gain quick access and acceptance in the medical marketplace.